Heavens' Henge

Current topics

Re: Heavens' Henge

Postby jon » 2:03 pm

Hi Mick

So, Jon, how would you account for this compulsion among international 'Stonehenge'-builders to line up their latitudes

From a Geocentric point of view, the heavens can most easily be divided up and explained using simple numbers. Some interesting latitudes are:

1/3: 30 degrees (Pyramids of Egypt): also 1/12 round the world from the equator
2/3: 60 degrees (Shetland/Orkney): also 1/6 round the world from the equator
3/5: 54 degrees (Newgrange, Thornborough)
4/7: 51.4 degrees (Avebury, Stonehenge): also 1/7 round the world from the equator
5/12: 37.5 degrees (Gobekli Tepi)

Some other simple base numbers, equivalent to latitudes of the Grampians in Scotland (7/11), Cornwall (5/9) and for example some places in Portugal and mid-north France, also work well if the purpose of the monument might have been to explain the skies. Base 12 (eg Gobekli Tepi / mid Wales/ Far south of Ireland) is also simple to understand (edited)

Jon
jon

Postby jon » 8:54 am

If it's of interest, I've updated the Stonehenge document to include some drawn explanatory graphics:

http://www.handow.co.uk/downloads/Stonehenge-and-heavenshinge-2.pdf

The expanded version will be up later this week:

http://heavenshenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/stonehenge-solving-neolithic-universe.html
jon

Postby Jools » 9:26 am

Looks really impressive, Jon, but could you post a summary of the article or home in on the main points (so I don't have to read 38 pages).

Are you writing a book on Stonehinge?
Jools

Postby Boreades » 12:03 pm

Mick Harper wrote:Using my new super-duper longitude'n'latitude thingy I typed in Goseck and got 51.195296 and then typed in Stonehenge and got 51.17882. That's a few hundred yards over a few hundred miles (probably!). So, Jon, how would you account for this compulsion among international 'Stonehenge'-builders to line up their latitudes?

Coincidentally, at 51° 17′ 2″ N, 11° 31′ 12″ E, the Nebra Sky Disk was discovered.

Coincidentally, that is a feature of the special exhibition at the National Maritime Museum in Falmouth, because the tin used to make the bronze came from Cornwall. Astonishingly, so did the gold on the disc, from somewhere near Carnon or Feock.
Boreades

Postby jon » 4:21 pm

Hi Jools

The project started when doing some research into renewable energy (a process that led to various patent submissions, two of which are currently going through to grant as markers). The project is a method of using a slowly rotating receptor to mimic the Sun's movement and collect energy from small flat plate fixed mirrors arranged as a circle (using principles similar to that of the Aceribo Observatory and the Auroville project).

By reflecting light instead of collecting, it can also be used to create a miniature version of the Sun's apparent movement around the world. It creates a model of the Universe if you like, but based on a geocentric (fixed world) model.

A variant of the project's sub-structure requirements was later found to exactly duplicate the structure of Stonehenge. I wrote a novel about this & published last year. However, published last week, the Stonehenge Riverside Project did a laser cloud scan of the monument and their new discoveries appear to match the novel's predictions. They also published data in June indicating that metals were used at Stonehenge during its construction (metals apparently started to be used in Britain much earlier than was previously thought).

So it started as an interesting project trying to help make a cultural shift towards sustainable development. Since then, the more investigation done, the more verification has been received: This is unusual. Usually with new discoveries, theories are thrown out, not strengthened. Other factors since discovered hint very strongly that a patriarchal society (of the type we assume has always existed) may not have existed in Northern Europe prior to the time of the North European information blackout (corresponding with Greek Dark Ages).

A slightly longer summary is here:

http://heavenshenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/stonehenge-geocentric-hypothesis.html

Yes, I'm doing en e-book: It's going to be an expanded version of the paper, looking at various other monuments. The original idea of this second phase (there's quite a lot more to it) was to go out and prove that this type of knowledge didn't need advanced tools, so I 'invented' methods and then went to try them out in the best topographical locations. However when I arrived, I found all my experiments already set up in a vast amount of detail: Dozens and dozens of them.

The e-book (which is only the equivalent of about 70 pages) is being priced at the minimum possible (99 cents or about 60p) and will be free to download on Sundays via Amazon

More details here:

http://heavenshenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/stonehenge-solving-neolithic-universe.html

All the best

Jon
jon

Postby Boreades » 5:56 pm

Jon

Hope you'll post a link from here to the Kindle download.

Thanks
Boreades

Postby jon » 11:08 am

Hope you'll post a link from here to the Kindle download.

Will do Boreades. It'll be a free download this Sunday.

All the best

Jon
jon

Postby jon » 8:02 am

Hi Boreades

The book's been published a little earlier than expected

Amazon: Stonehenge: Solving the Neolithic Universe (listing of amazon site links)

Free to download on Sundays through November

The big difference between this and the 'alternative archaeology' paper that's up in the Megalithic Portal is that the graphics have been improved and it also expands on other monuments (specifically in East Sussex) together with offering explanations for the Grail and the Four Treasures of.the Tuatha Dé Danann

Would love to hear any feedback.
jon

Postby jon » 10:10 am

Checked it Boreades:
All working and free to download: Lasts until about 8am tomorrow morning
All the best
Jon
jon

Postby Boreades » 5:24 pm

Here's a curiosity: Some early accounts of Stonehenge call it Stanehenge.
A henge of tin?
As in, the henge of tin mirrors?
Boreades

PreviousNext

Return to Index