Re: Megalithic masons

Postby Neil » 10:48 am

macausland wrote:Here's a link to an interesting history of Roseberry Topping

Thanks. Great link.
Neil

Postby Boreades » 10:23 pm

Oh God.

I've just been re-reading this thread and getting horribly confused. Some might say that is nothing unusual. But in this case I've been misreading "Roseberry Topping" as "Raspberry Topping". Tut.

Meanwhile, research is afoot on the amazing similarities between Masonic ritual and Mithraic ritual. The similarities are very strong, so strong in fact that it's a mystery to me why it never gets a mention in the mainstream history of Freemasonry.
Boreades

Postby TisILeclerc » 10:28 pm

Have a look at the link between Mithraic beliefs and Christianity and you will be truly amazed.

Born in a stable, of a virgin, died for our sins etc etc leader called a pope etc etc

And Roseberry Topping is a pyramid which blows a raspberry at all who do not believe.
TisILeclerc

Postby Boreades » 10:50 pm

Yes indeed!

This (currently) is my favourite page on the subject: http://www.q-mag.org/mithras-jesus-and- ... avius.html

If you have others, please advise.
Boreades

Postby TisILeclerc » 11:01 pm

It's as if the Roman Empire was reborn.

Almost as if Hitler and his mates survived and started the Common Market and the European Union.

Not that I would say that.
TisILeclerc

Postby Boreades » 11:19 pm

TisILeclerc wrote:Have a look at the link between Mithraic beliefs and Christianity and you will be truly amazed.

I have been asking several people who are fit members of a regularly organised society how all this might be. Even for the ones in charge of research and lectures, it's all a mystery. The one thing that masonic historians (in England) do seem to agree on is that the UGLE (when it was founded) was pretty damn desperate to make sure that Freemasonry in England did not appear to contain anything revolutionary or republican (as in French revolution etc). So any origins of Freemasonry that hinted at any involvement with anti-establishment behaviour was disappeared.

Freemasonry in Scotland is a different issue.
Boreades

Postby TisILeclerc » 11:27 pm

I once worked with lots of ex coalminers from Fife who were all Masons

They had no connection with Freemasons as far as I know

The Scottish Masons gave out war medals to members who had served.

Most of the French revolutionaries were Freemasons as were the American revolutionaries.

One theory is that the reason why the British army refused to use the Baker rifles they had against the revolutionaries was because they were actually on their side.
TisILeclerc

Postby Boreades » 11:49 pm

French revolutionaries and Freemasons seems to be a funny thing, because the French revolutionaries were so paranoid they shut down nearly all the civilian masonic lodges. Whereas, at the same time, military field lodges survived and prospered.

Which makes the 'Merican case interesting. The spread of Freemasonry in North America seems to have been mostly via the British Army's military field lodges. Especially the Irish and Scottish Regiments. Which is why a lot of US Freemasonry is connected with "Scottish Rite", and nothing much to do with English Freemasonry. There are so many websites that detail all this I won't bore you by repeating it all here.

Except that yes, the British Army had many opportunities to inflict grievious harm on their fraternal brethren, but declined to do so, despite orders from home.
Boreades

Postby hvered » 7:22 am

Surely all serving officers feel they're brothers in arms whatever fancy creed or belief system they profess. When opposing armies are engaged in battle, would officers have the opportunity to find out who on the other side was a practising freemason or whatever before firing?
hvered

Postby TisILeclerc » 8:13 am

hvered

'would officers have the opportunity to find out who on the other side was a practising freemason or whatever before firing?'

I'm sure they all knew each other anyway. To be an officer, and of course a gentleman, you needed money and rank in society. I believe the army still conducts the 'Country House' test for wannabe officers to test whether they know which wine goes with which glass and the order of the knives and forks.

I seem to remember Constantine asking before a battle what the cross shape was on lots of the shields of the opposing side. When told they were Christians he asked if they had Christians in his own army. When told, 'yes', he ordered every soldier to paint a cross on his shield. The next morning the Christians in the opposing army refused to fight or deserted to him.

He was a Mithras man as well.
TisILeclerc

PreviousNext

Return to Index