Keeping your feet dry, 8,000BC

Current topics

Re: Keeping your feet dry, 8,000BC

Postby TisILeclerc » 12:12 pm

Monkey business on the Levels.

The intrepid explorers at the beeb report today that the skeletons of monks have been found at Beckery. One of several islands or perhaps former islands in Somerset near Glastonbury.

"There are a few rudimentary buildings made of wattle and daub, so nothing grand made of stone."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-38187299

The site is well connected. King Arthur, Mary Magdalene and sweet baby Jesus as well as the feisty Brigid, she of the flames and wishing wells. Apparently the place was known as little Ireland because of the number of Irish visitors although this may have been a later name for it.

Someone can't draw wattle and daub.

The site of a chapel and holy shrine dating back over 1,500 years to late Roman / early Saxon times. Beckery Chapel provides fine views across the Avalon Marshes and to Glastonbury Tor and Wearyall Hill.

http://www.swheritage.org.uk/beckery-chapel

So, we have monks in an isolated position with fine views over the surrounding countryside. They did like their views.

Another site goes further into the well travelled Brigid associating her with much older pre Christian traditions. Which to my way of thinking would be quite logical but then I'm not an archaeologist.

Bride's Mound takes its name from Bride (pronounced Breed), Brigit and Brighde (pronounced Bree-dah), the Triple Goddess of the Celts. Bride was one of the most widely worshipped Goddesses in Celtic Britain and is known as the Guardian of Wells and Springs. Furthermore, She has an affinity with Fire and is entitled Keeper of the Flame and Goddess of Fire

http://www.unitythroughdiversity.org/brides-mound.html

I would suggest something else at this point. If the name is pronounced 'Breed-dah' it could point to something else. In gaelic it would be more like 'Breetcheh' or perhaps in modern English 'Bright' as in 'it's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the noo.' Well, maybe not English.

But then we do have the idea of the country being called Brighton er sorry Britain or variations on that. Pytheas called the main island Brittia and Ireland Brittania. Perhaps that was his little jest.

But we do have the Brigantes ruling over god's own country and surrounding areas. And Yorkshire folk are still described as 'wick in th'head'. Not thick if you please.

Perhaps this place was a long standing keeper of the flames. For travellers perhaps. A wee lighthouse in all that water?

If it had good views of the surrounding countryside I assume the surrounding countryside had a good view of itself.
TisILeclerc

Postby TisILeclerc » 2:21 pm

Latest update. The Daily Mail has now provided more information. One snippet of which is that

Beckery either means ‘bee-keeper’s island’ in Old English or is Irish for ‘Little Ireland’.

Spoilt for choice. Mind you a 'beck' is a small river and the end 'y' could refer to an island. So maybe it's an island surrounded by a beck? Unless it's a Bakery. It would have to be above water in that case. As for 'Little Ireland' that seems to be based on the idea that it was Beag Eire. Which sounds good except if it was in gaelic the words would be transposed so it would have finished up something like Erravik which could even be Viking?

Anyway here's a photo of one of the monks unless it's good king Arfur himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ks-UK.html
TisILeclerc

Postby Boreades » 7:33 pm

TisILeclerc wrote:Well there was a test done on Tutenkhamun's dna and it found that he was R1b2 which is common right across Europe.
The Egyptians didn't like it.
Nor the more recent tests which show that he was the result of incest. His grandparents had blond hair by the way.

A few stray neurons have bumped.
* recent tests have suggested that Tutenkhamun's DNA is high in R1B2. This has upset the Egyptians.
* Tisi remarked elsewhere that Copts tending to be R1B2 like the pharaohs.

Then I found this snippet in the Wiki page on Amenhotep I:
Amenhotep I is thought to have had only one child, a son who died in infancy (although some sources indicate he had no children). Amenhotep I was succeeded by Thutmose I, apparently a senior military figure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amenhotep_I

So there's a strong possibility that Tuthmose wasn't a hereditary ruler, he was the beneficiary of what they still like to do in Egypt in troubled times - get rid of the king and put a strong military leader in charge. We already know that at least some of Egypt's military leaders were foreign mercenaries from the north. With their own RiB2-enhanced DNA.

Roll on a few generations of this new dynasty (18th of Egypt)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighteent ... y_of_Egypt

Amenhotep IV (aka Ahkenaten) introducing a monotheistic religion Atenism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten ... monotheism

Which proved to be unpopular in Egypt, with the Egyptians, but the Israelite slaves seem to have adopted an almost identical religion at the same time.

Some say Tuthmose is the very same person as Moses. There are a lot of similarities.
* Both commanded an Egyptian army.
* Both served as a priest in the temple of Ra.
* Both had trouble with slave rebellions.
* And Tuthmose may have been driven into exile after that, just like Moses.

If Tutenkhamun was a descendant of Tuthmose, he may well come from the same monotheistic stock. Moses and the monotheistics wandered about the wilderness for a bit, founded a new religious order. Roll on a few years, that gives rise to various forms of Christianity, but still all monotheistic. And perhaps all the leaders were descendants of the same RiB2-enhanced breeding stock?
Boreades

Postby TisILeclerc » 8:35 pm

Does this mean that Christianity really started in Egypt with the Copts?

Didn't Jesus go to Egypt for a while?

Perhaps that is where he got his teachings from. After all there wouldn't have been much to get from the Romans, the Jews didn't want to change and the Greeks were on their way out.

I was looking a bit prior to this and noticed Avebury. I suppose it's supposed to be called the Burgh of the Ave which could be the Ave Maria bit or Let's be Avenue sort of thing.

But if it were Ave as in Avon or a corruption of such that would make it the burgh, burrow at the river wouldn't it. Which would mean there was a river there.
TisILeclerc

Postby Silent Shrill » 6:47 pm

Hi all, I'm new here.
In our very distant past there was only approx. one third of the water we have now. The rest came during what is known as the great flood. This was not a God event, but a universe one, and far further back than claimed. Earth had roughly the same amount of water as Mars. The maps/evidence we see now are way after the initial cataclysm.
Silent Shrill

Postby TisILeclerc » 9:22 pm

Hello. When you are shrill are you silent? When you are shrill can you be heard in space? So many questions.

By cosmic event do you mean that our water came from outer space?

I think I read something once about comets dumping water on the planet. Is that the sort of thing?

But I was reading the other day that scientists have found that water can be created as a chemical reaction deep within the earth. Something to do with the reaction of hydrogen and something else.

I'm not a scientist, I just draw pictures. Borry's the one for deep meaningful comments. He's clever.

I get most of my science from the Daily Mail. What a fount of knowledge that is.

Thanks for passing by. I was getting lonely here all on my own. I think all the rest have jumped ship.
TisILeclerc

Postby Mick Harper » 1:19 am

No, no. I'm the scientist. Water is made in large astronomical bodies, the ones where the nuclear action is, i.e. stars. Comets? Pshaw!
Mick Harper

Postby Boreades » 12:01 am

Silent Shrill wrote: In our very distant past there was only approx. one third of the water we have now. The rest came during what is known as the great flood.

Hello Silent Shrill.

Great floods are of great interest here.

Some previous topics here have talked about one great flood that affected Britain especially. And where the Doggerland people migrated to when the sea level rose.

You might be interested in them.
Boreades

Postby TisILeclerc » 10:51 am

The actual name originates from the Danish archeological site Maglemose, situated near Gørlev and Høng on western Zealand, southwest of lake Tissø. Here the first settlement of the culture was excavated in 1900, by George Sarauw.[1] During the following century a long series of similar settlements were excavated from England to Poland and from Skåne in Sweden to northern France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maglemosian_culture

These Maglemosians must have been shy and retiring folk. They've been excavating them since 1900 and have found their settlements from as far apart as England, Sweden and northern France. Yet nary a twitter about them in the papers or on the telly. Lord Melvyn of the Braggs must be told and do something about it. Looks like the continentals were lurking in our fair land before we got here. Who'd've thought it. And here's me thinking our ancestors sailed in from the west singing Irish rebel songs and dancing without moving their arms.

I wonder if they spoke Welsh? Or even some sort of English maybe?

They must have had connections with Robin Hood. The oldest bow in the world was found in Denmark.

Published on Aug 10, 2016

Holmegaard Bow, Denmark - Dated to the Maglemosian Culture (7.000 BC) it is the oldest bow in the world. Maglemosian (c. 9000 BC – 6000 BC) is the name given to a culture of the early Mesolithic period in North Europe.

The Holmegaard bows are a series of self bows found in the bogs of Northern Europe dating from the Mesolithic period. They are named after the Holmegaard area of Denmark in which the first and oldest specimens were found, and are the oldest bows discovered anywhere in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kCejgBz7vo

This bow is a very sophisticated and powerful design. Which means that the culture was also sophisticated. They'd have got hungry fairly quickly if not.

And here is a replica of one of the bows. With a fuller description of its design features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU4uQVyXyxE
TisILeclerc

Postby Boreades » 3:49 pm

TisILeclerc wrote:These Maglemosians must have been shy and retiring folk.

Yes, folk do seem to get like that after they have disappeared. Just like the Hittites and Minoans. (Side issue, did the Hittites disappear round about the time of the Big Bang and Great Flood in the Mediterranean that wiped out the Minoans as well?)

But (quelle surprise) the Maglemosians and the Hittites have one other big thing in common. A peculiarity of their language, and ours.

"The presence of a northern Maglemosian language is required because of the occurrence of the form 'are' of the verb 'to be'. This form is found only in the modern Scandinavian countries, in modern Britain and in one of the oldest PIE languages - the now extinct Hittite language. We think that the 'are' form is very old PIE indeed since it occurs only on the periphery of Europe. "
http://www.proto-english.org/o2.html

The author of History Of Britain Revealed (THOBR) might be interested in this.

But are we therefore related to the Hittites?

Or more origin-minded, are the Maglemosians and the Hittites related by more than a peculiarity of their language? It would be very sad if one was the survivor group of the other (wiped out by a tsunami), only for the survivors to go to the far end of the known world, and then mostly get wiped out by another tsunami.
Boreades

PreviousNext

Return to Index