Megalithic mapping

Current topics

Re: Megalithic mapping

Postby Lucius Cannon » 6:45 am

During antiquity, Chronos was occasionally interpreted as Cronus.[6] According to Plutarch, the Greeks believed that Cronus was an allegorical name for Chronos.[7] In addition to the name, the story of Cronus eating his children was also interpreted as an allegory to a specific aspect of time held within Cronus' sphere of influence.

As the theory[which?] went, Cronus represented the destructive ravages of time which consumed all things, a concept that was expressed literally when the Titan king devoured the Olympian gods — the past consuming the future, the older generation suppressing the next generation.[citation needed] During the Renaissance, the identification of Cronus and Chronos gave rise to "Father Time" wielding the harvesting scythe.[citation needed]

The original meaning and etymology of the word chronos are uncertain.[8] English words derived from it include chronology, chronometer, chronic, anachronism, and chronicle.

Chronos taking a bit of a bashing from wiki. Even Father (sic) Time, wielding his cycle sorry scythe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle
Lucius Cannon

Postby Lucius Cannon » 6:56 am

Father Thames is Father Time. London is a line on a circle of time.
Lucius Cannon

Postby Lucius Cannon » 7:00 am

The River was worshipped through cults.

Time=Thames=Thomas.
Lucius Cannon

Postby Mick Harper » 7:44 am

Most exciting, Mr Cannon. We have previously speculated on why part of it is called The Isis and why Oxford has the same name as the Bosporus. The Thomas cult is more elaborately investigated over on the AEL. It's in the nature of the internet that some sites (e.g. this one) become moribund and others (e.g. the AEL) stagger on. We call it the circle of life. Feel free to contribute on either but you'll get more airtime over there. Lucius Cannon, most amusing. I wish I'd had parents with a sense of humour.
Mick Harper

Postby Boreades » 5:42 pm

Hello boys, I'm back!

For your doubtless delight and deliberation, a few additions to the TME Map of The Universe.

1) Outrageously, Rossyln Chapel was missing. Fixed that.
2) The Oracle Centres of Dodona, Delphi and Oasis of Amun Ra (Siwa) have been added. As you know, these are all relevant to the Fractional Latitudes (which includes Avebury as the 4/7th)
3) A few American places like the Gate of the Sun and Casa Rinconada.
4) The Tibesti Avenue & Tibesti Triangle in Chad.
5) The Tower of Hercules in A Coruña

https://tme.carto.com/viz/9e11e430-2f85 ... 54a1cb/map

These World Tours take time you know.
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 5:54 pm

OK, I'm on the Tibesti Triangle. Now what am I supposed to do? We've had to make do with your namesake, Boreades, for some time so as you can imagine rejoicing is pretty much nationwide. Not universal. There are pockets of resistance to your puckish charm. Gladdening nevertheless. Actually I think that's one of the pockets of resistance but you know what I mean.
Mick Harper

Postby Boreades » 6:34 pm

The Tibesti Avenue is being suggested as Chad's version of the Stonehenge Avenue, both are aligned on Solar Solstice lines.

https://www.academia.edu/36023895/The_S ... ue_in_Chad

There are seven ways to get to the Tibesti Mountains from Fulham Broadway Station by plane, train, car train, car or car ferry.

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Fulham-Broad ... -Mountains
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 6:43 pm

But how am I to know all this by clicking on your link? Except I've got another one now, somewhere in Mexico, when I click on the same link. I need a guiding hand before your labours will bear fruit.
Mick Harper

Postby Boreades » 7:46 pm

Harpo wrote:But how am I to know all this by clicking on your link? Except I've got another one now, somewhere in Mexico, when I click on the same link. I need a guiding hand before your labours will bear fruit.

Groucho wrote:Why a four-year-old child could understand this.
Run out and find me a four-year-old child.
Boreades

Postby Boreades » 10:51 pm

It's overdue time for an addition to the TME Map of The Universe.

Monte d'Accoddi in Sardinia

40°47'26.70"N, 8°26'56.25"E

Pyramidal structures have existed for thousands of years and can be found in several countries, but the uniqueness of Monte D'Accoddi lies in the fact that it is the only example of a ziggurat style stepped pyramid in Europe.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient ... di-0012802

As reviewed on Trip Advisor

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractio ... dinia.html

By the way, readers may recall that Sardinia has been mentioned before, because of their look-alike Broch Towers.

A broch is an Iron Age drystone hollow-walled structure found in Scotland. Brochs belong to the classification "complex atlantic roundhouse" devised by Scottish archaeologists in the 1980s. Their origin is a matter of some controversy.

The Sardinian name for Broch is Nuraghe.
According to the Oxford English Dictionary the etymology is "uncertain and disputed": "The word is perhaps related to the Sardinian place names Nurra, Nurri, Nurru, and to Sardinian nurra 'heap of stones, cavity in earth' (although these senses are difficult to reconcile). A connection with the Semitic base of Arabic nūr 'light, fire, etc.' is now generally rejected." The Latin word murus ('wall') may be related to it, being a result of the derivation: murus–*muraghe–nuraghe. However, such theory is debated.

Which seems to mean they have no bloody idea. But we have already pointed out the similarities between the Scottish and Sardinian towers (in their style and method of construction and their potential uses as store houses, watchtowers, beacons, etc).
Boreades

PreviousNext

Return to Index