Marthering Marden

Current topics

Re: Marthering Marden

Postby Boreades » 7:39 pm

Readers familiar with TME will know what comes next.

It's a bit like being on QI, where a succession of regular guests are suckered into asking the bleeding obvious question or offering the bleeding obvious replies, all setup to demonstrate the wit and repartee of the host.

Like: if it's not an electron configuration table, what is it?
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 7:47 pm

I don't know what an electron is, I'm afraid. In fact I know nothing about chemistry. I'm an expert on paradigms and I recognise when some internal expert speaks the language of paradigm change. I suppose if it was really necessary I could do the hard yards but surely there's someone out there with a head start, say, an "O"-level in Chemistry, who can do the actual driving of the stake into the heart of the beast.
Mick Harper

Postby TisILeclerc » 8:19 pm

'It's a bit like being on QI, where a succession of regular guests are suckered into asking the bleeding obvious question or offering the bleeding obvious replies, all setup to demonstrate the wit and repartee of the host. '

Never mind Alan you've still got the audience with you.

My granny had a paradigm once but it only spoke rubbish. And say things like 'avast me 'earties'.
TisILeclerc

Postby Boreades » 9:57 pm

Mick Harper wrote:I don't know what an electron is, I'm afraid. In fact I know nothing about chemistry. I'm an expert on paradigms and I recognise when some internal expert speaks the language of paradigm change. I suppose if it was really necessary I could do the hard yards but surely there's someone out there with a head start, say, an "O"-level in Chemistry, who can do the actual driving of the stake into the heart of the beast.

If you're going to be negative about it, you won't attract any electrons.

I tried explaining it to my children.
I said "I've lost my electrons".
They said "Are you sure?"
I said "Yes, I'm positive".
Boreades

Postby hvered » 6:07 am

Isn't the point about the Periodic Table that it can expand indefinitely to encompass any 'new' element that might turn up without the composition of the table as it were being unduly disturbed or ever questioned?

It's similar to the theory of plate tectonics. Wherever earthquakes or volcanoes occur, they're said to be on a fault line but if they're not a new line can be added without anyone querying the validity of such an assumption. Fault lines are attached to areas and that 'explains' the volcanic activity for all time...
hvered

Postby Boreades » 8:20 am

Back to the OP, is the location of Marden Henge significant?

It does align with other henges and hills.

Boreades

Postby Boreades » 6:52 pm

Some might say that Avebury/Marden/Stonehenge was the extent of the Wiltshire Henge Campus, and the other Henges are separate or outlying sites that should not be included.
Boreades

Postby TisILeclerc » 8:14 pm

I would have thought that if they were built by the same people they would all be connected?
TisILeclerc

Postby Boreades » 8:43 pm

Yes, they must be connected, but it's all a mystery. Like all the universities in the UK must be connected, because, err, they're universities?
Boreades

Postby Boreades » 10:14 pm

They say stuff, inconclusively:

REPORT ON GEOPHYSICAL SURVEY, APRIL 2008

http://research.historicengland.org.uk/ ... px?id=5711
Boreades

PreviousNext

Return to Index