Megalithic Calendar

Current topics

Re: Megalithic Calendar

Postby Boreades » 6:35 pm

Boreades wrote:It was time-of-the-year to put the clocks back here at Chateau Boreades.

The clocks on the mobile phone, TV and radio automagically fix themselves. We've found out how to reset the clock on the oven, by turning it off for 11 hours. Or was it 13?

Putting the clock back at Stonehenge was a bit more demanding.

Did nobody spot it was really Avebury, not Stonehenge?
Boreades

Postby Boreades » 8:30 pm

2021 Convention of Alternative Archaeology and Earth Mysteries

Sunday October 3rd 2021: Bouverie Hall, Pewsey, Wiltshire, SN9 5QE
Starting 10.15am – 6.00pm.

It seems like none of us (TME's pundits) have bothered the selectors this year. Sniff, I didn't want to go anyway. Anyway, what's on the agenda?

Five powerpoint presentations by international speakers and authors

Powerpoint presentations? Oh dear, that's a bit ominous. I've always found them a good cure for insomnia. But what of the ones that did pass the selection tests?

Phil Cope - The Living Wells and Springs of Britain and Ireland
Lucy Wyatt - Who Are Our European Ancestors - And How Can We Connect With Them?
Giles Bryant - The Perpetual Choirs – Re-enchantment and Healing of the World
Mara Freeman - Gates of Annwn – The Magical Landscapes of Wales
Sue Wallace and Peter Knight - What Makes A Place ‘Sacred’? (with audience forum)

Have any of these international speakers and authors come to our attention before?
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 9:42 pm

It all sounds a bit dullsville. And that's just Pewsey. Interesting though that people are planning for October. Do the crystals know something we don't?
Mick Harper

Postby Boreades » 12:08 am

Dullsville? I might tend to concur.

Phil Cope - The Living Wells and Springs of Britain and Ireland
I've done my share of trudging across sodden fields and boggy marshes and got the wet feet to prove it. If there's anything living in those wells and springs it's eColi and parasitic guts worms left by sheep and cattle. No thanks.

Lucy Wyatt - Who Are Our European Ancestors - And How Can We Connect With Them?
Come on, we know Tisi could do an excellent talk on that, it's yer actual Haplogroups and DNA, innit?

Giles Bryant - The Perpetual Choirs – Re-enchantment and Healing of the World
Hmm, immediately smells suspect. What with "Perpetual Choirs" being an invention of Iolo Morganwg (Edward Williams) in his "Triads of Britain".
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Triads_of_Britain
Unfortunately, also used in a derivative work by John Michell "The Great Decagon", which has given it long legs with the ley lines, crop circle and UFO fraternities.

Mara Freeman - Gates of Annwn – The Magical Landscapes of Wales
At last! Something with some depth to it. As in, a deep well of British mythology and legends.
http://chalicecentre.net/

Sue Wallace and Peter Knight - What Makes A Place ‘Sacred’? (with audience forum)
That's a tricky one. May your god go with you.
Boreades

Previous

Return to Index