Megalithic manufacturing in Britain

Current topics

Re: Megalithic manufacturing in Britain

Postby Boreades » 10:55 pm

Piezo-something?
Yes, I think they did.

It took a while for a few stray neurons to bump into each other, but I've just remembered Saint-Paul-la-Roche. Friends near Thiviers took me there. It's a huge hill in France, made of white quartz. You can pick up huge chunks of it by the roadside. In the right weather conditions the electrostatics would be amazing.
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 11:17 pm

Bit of a long shot but at least and at last we have a hypothesis for why the Megalithics built flat-top causewayed islands (jelly-moulds) eg Jethou (pic, please). If these glow in some fashion then they would make ideal navigational beacons. Presumably the tidal element is necessary to re-charge them.
Mick Harper

Postby hvered » 10:41 am

Jethou

hvered

Postby Boreades » 1:07 pm

Mick Harper wrote: Bit of a long shot but at least and at last we have a hypothesis for why the Megalithics built flat-top causewayed islands (jelly-moulds) eg Jethou (pic, please). If these glow in some fashion then they would make ideal navigational beacons. Presumably the tidal element is necessary to re-charge them.

Sorry to burst your jelly-mould bubble, but if you want rechargeable battery islands, you have to pay extra. Or use a different method. Piezoelectric hills would work best in dry conditions, not beside the seaside beside the sea. It gets wet. What you need there is a voltaic pile. Salt water would be an effective electrolyte, given the right metals. But the only ones I can find in known history were small novelty items, not industrial-grade lighthouse material. The best I can find (so far) is the Baghdad Battery.

But our learned friends say:

While some researchers refer to the object as a battery, the origin and purpose of the object remains unclear. In March 2012, Professor Elizabeth Stone, of Stony Brook University, an expert on Iraqi archaeology, returning from the first archaeological expedition in Iraq after 20 years, stated that she does not know a single archaeologist who believed that these were batteries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery

Typical.

More TME research required?
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 3:06 pm

Sorry to burst your jelly-mould bubble, but if you want rechargeable battery islands, you have to pay extra. Or use a different method. Piezoelectric hills would work best in dry conditions, not beside the seaside beside the sea.

Which is completely counter-intuitive. I (for one) would have bet (and lost) that the variation was local all around the world. My best guess at the moment is this is truly a global phenomenon, and it is in effect a heartbeat for the whole planet in sync.
Mick Harper

Postby Boreades » 3:19 pm

Boreades wrote: I've just remembered Saint-Paul-la-Roche. Friends near Thiviers took me there. It's a huge hill in France, made of white quartz. You can pick up huge chunks of it by the roadside.

Too late, it's gone.

An oddity is the massive quartz outcrop near La Roche which has been completely quarried by now. This very pure, milky exsudation quartz was once sought after by NASA for optical devices (lenses etc.). Under magnification one can observe many parallel shear planes of tectonic origin. The quarry once contained single quartz crystals in the decimeter and meter range.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Pau ... he#Geology

Some pics of some remnants here:

http://planet-terre.ens-lyon.fr/image-d ... -11-11.xml
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 3:32 pm

Sorry, that last post of mine was actually a quote from Borry. But T'is got it right with his Megalithic version of the Skylon and the Dome of Discovery

Borry can work out which is the positive and which is the negative.
Mick Harper

Postby Boreades » 4:46 pm

No harm done. I'll get on the case ASAP.

Just distracted by watching Santa's flight path.
https://www.flightradar24.com/santa

Currently over Kazakhstan travelling at Mach 33.
Quite exciting!
Just getting the sherry, mince pies and carrots ready.
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 5:21 pm

Hatty and I in our next book reveal that Father Christmas never actually existed.
Mick Harper

Postby TisILeclerc » 5:34 pm

Oh yes he did. And does. I've got reindeer droppings on my roof to prove it.
TisILeclerc

PreviousNext

Return to Index