Megalithic Calendar

Current topics

Re: Megalithic Calendar

Postby Boreades » 12:14 am

Just added to the TME map of the world: Angkor Wat

https://tme.carto.com/tables/the_megalithic_empire/map

Q. Why?
A. Because it has three key features in common with key TME locations.
1) Constructed on geodesic principals
2) Appearing to have a fractional latitude
3) Used to establish and maintain the calendar

As a reminder, other fractional latitude sites include:
Karnak (Thebes)
Amarna, Akhetaten
Delphi
Avebury

The Newark Great Circle Earthworks have also been added.
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 12:31 am

I wish someone would tell me why calendars are important. What's wrong with counting up to 365, adding one every four years and then taking one off after a bit? If it's good enough for us ...
Mick Harper

Postby Lucius Cannon » 7:24 am

Mick Harper wrote: I wish someone would tell me why calendars are important. What's wrong with counting up to 365, adding one every four years and then taking one off after a bit? If it's good enough for us ...

Precise modern time is important to you, as you don't want to be late for your dinner party. Or rather you want to be fashionably late.

Linear Christian time is important to Christians as they peg their history according to an imagined date of when Christ was born. History is important as.........

It's important to decide which cyclical tasks to complete and when during the Mesolithic. Your survival depends on it?

The modern calendar would be of no practical use in the Mesolithic, the flora and fauna refused to conform to the strict linear rigors of the modern christian calendar, so the ancients sensibly adopted a more practical cyclical approach(?) .
Lucius Cannon

Postby Mick Harper » 9:26 am

Precise modern time is important to you, as you don't want to be late for your dinner party. Or rather you want to be fashionably late.

Nope. The people putting on the dinner party will tell me Tuesday 15th November using their Gregorian year-planner -- the one we've all been using since 1752, adding a day here and there but just adding 365 to the previous year.
Linear Christian time is important to Christians as they peg their history according to an imagined date of when Christ was born. History is important as.........

Nope. They use the Julian and then the Gregorian calendar, adding a day here and there but just adding 365 to the previous year.
It's important to decide which cyclical tasks to complete and when during the Mesolithic. Your survival depends on it?

Nope. If they used a calendar they would not survive very long since (say) planting or reaping crops or (say) when the reindeer herd are due to return varies year by year and is to be calculated by observation.
The modern calendar would be of no practical use in the Mesolithic, the flora and fauna refused to conform to the strict linear rigors of the modern christian calendar, so the ancients sensibly adopted a more practical cyclical approach(?) .

Nope. They did what they had to do when they had to do it. Why are cycles even in anybody's mind? Presumably they noticed that seasons recur in a pattern but whether they thought of it as a 'cycle' is unknown. It's the end of the football season. Do I think of it as a cycle? Nope, just that time of the year.
Mick Harper

Postby Lucius Cannon » 10:43 am

Mick Harper wrote:Why are cycles even in anybody's mind? Presumably they noticed that seasons recur in a pattern but whether they thought of it as a 'cycle' is unknown. It's the end of the football season. Do I think of it as a cycle? Nope, just that time of the year.

OK I see that ....you are not interested in the renaissance or revolutions or economic cycles or Chinese versions of history on the grounds as they are all "wrong....."

I will end it there.

It certainly does make things a tad harder if you are looking for continuity.

Good Luck with the new book.

Looking forward to it.
Lucius Cannon

Postby Mick Harper » 11:07 am

OK I see that ....you are not interested in the renaissance or revolutions or economic cycles or Chinese versions of history on the grounds as they are all "wrong....."

I am intensely interested. That is the whole point of this discussion. Everybody from Day One seems mad keen on expending vast resources on minutely exact calendars when there seems to be no practical purpose in such exactitude. Once we find out what that purpose was we can start re-writing history -- or confirming the old version. If we have to.
I will end it there.

Sorry to hear that. We could do with some help but will blunder on regardless.
It certainly does make things a tad harder if you are looking for continuity.

Don't understand what continuity you are referring to. However I am not 'looking for' anything. That is where orthodoxy always goes wrong. Seek and ye shall confirm what you thought was there in the first place. Me, I look at what other people find and then knock holes in what they say they have found. Then you can use what they have found to come up with a more likely scenario. Or scenarios of course. There doesn't seem to be much continuity.
Mick Harper

Postby Boreades » 6:44 pm

We knew all about The End of The World in 2012, didn't we? Actually, we knew it was (just) the end of the 25,920 year Long Cycle, on the winter solstice according to the Mayan Calendar.

It turns out there's another very special date coming up soonish. It's going to be on the 2020 summer solstice. There will be an annular eclipse of the sun, on this solstice, which in itself is not unusual but the position of the sun during this eclipse, on the galactic equator

What is most intriguing about the 2020 summer solstice event compared to all the other ones mentioned in the paragraph above, both the summer and winter solstices, is that this annular eclipse of the sun is forecast for that day not only within the Aubrey circle at England's Stonehenge but at the Great Pyramid at Giza. These are both well-known ancient astronomical monuments and were built using the same geometric ratios based on the prime numbers 3, 7, 11. Beginning at dawn at Stonehenge and continuing all day across the sky, an amazing manifestation of a harmonic number pattern and geometry occurs. Both the number patterns and the geometry are inherent in the layout of both Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid and also related to the center of the Flower of Life (the vesica piscis).

Lots more here:
https://thenumbernine.weebly.com/i-chin ... henge.html
Boreades

Postby hvered » 7:49 pm

Well, I suppose it was bound to happen some time. Later rather than sooner.

What is the earliest record of the Mayan calendar? As with megalithic sites themselves, there are missing links. The scholarship appears to be fairly recent, the work of nineteenth-century anthropologists/archaeologists. Do their studies overlap with those of egyptologists (and/or sinologists) or compartmentalised?
hvered

Postby Boreades » 10:30 pm

It's getting close to a significant time of the Megalithic year. Again. Chateau Boreades is already fully-booked.

So English Heritage is sending me marketing messages. With no mention of a GDPR compliant opt-out.

Stonehenge is a significant World Heritage Site and to many it is sacred.

That's nice to read.

How will the English Heritage Management mark the sacredness of the site this year?

Arrangements for Groups on Wednesday 20 June to Friday 22 June 2018
To help us prepare for another safe and peaceful Summer Solstice, please be aware of the details below.

Parking for commercial minibuses (20 seats or more) and coaches costs £100, advance booking is essential and will need to be made via [email protected] or +44 (0) 370 333 0604

There is a parking charge of £15 per Car, Live-in vehicle and non-commercial minibuses (up to 19 seats), and £5 per motorcycle at Stonehenge during Summer Solstice.

Shop Product of the Month: New in is the fantastic Trilithon cushion retailing at just £15. This neck cushion is a fun way for passengers to enjoy their onwards journey in total comfort.

Give us yer money and we'll protect yer scared site.

English Heritage Events Management Team

Meanwhile, I know where the back door to Avebury is, and some mates are on duty. M'Lady Boreades has blagged a catering contract, we can get the TME charabanc in there for free, and the Boreadettes are both working in the local boozers.

Say no more Ron?
Boreades

Postby Mick Harper » 5:42 am

I appreciate English Heritage are a bunch of crass moneyers but it is difficult to see how else to organise these things. This year's Summer Outing is to Margate after your behaviour last year. Free alcohol and due diligence do not sit well together.
Mick Harper

PreviousNext

Return to Index